Welcome to the December 15, 2008 edition of advice for women from women.
Business and Finance
- Snowden presents Work at Home opportunities that aren’t scams posted at useful nonsense, saying, “A personal evaluation of no-investment-needed work at home opportunities that work-at-home moms can do on the internet.”
- Kathleen Gaga presents It’s my judgment, so it must be right! posted at Daily Awareness, saying, “One of the most fascinating lies we tell ourselves is if we believe something to be true, right or so, it must be. The fact is, much of what we try to convince ourselves and others as true is often a matter of judgment based on ego. If something is happening that we simply don’t approve of, then obviously it is wrong. Or so the thinking for many people goes. Learn a simple technique for minimizing judgment.”
- Heather Levin presents Going Green On A Budget: Finding Money To Be Eco-Friendly posted at The Greenest Dollar.
- Infidelity Man presents Statistics On Men Cheating – Infidelity Statistics – Statistics On Marital Infidelity posted at Cheating Men, saying, “Here are some statistics about male infidelity.”
- Lauren Rose presents Credit Card Skimmers – Keep Your Eye on Your ATM card posted at No Debt Anymore .org, saying, “With the holiday season in full swing, Credit card and ATM theft is increasing at an alarming rate. Here are 3 common ways thieves may try to gain access to your personal information using a skimmer device, and 10 tips to protect yourself.”
- Becca Glouzstein presents 3 Steps to Attracting the Life you Really Want for You and Your Family posted at Inspiration for Mothers . Com, saying, “What do you want to attract into your life for your family in the coming year? The Law of Attraction as applied to moms and their famililes. Wishing you all a happy, prosperous, healthy and abundant New Year!”
- HighGrace presents How to have the most mindful, meaningful Christmas ever! posted at Face to the Sun.
- Condo Blues presents 10 Green Gifts That Suck posted at Condo Blues, saying, “There are a lot of good green gifts out there. None of them are on this list.”
- Lauren Rose presents 7 Surefire Strategies to Avoid the Dreaded Holiday Bulge posted at Supertraining Blog.com, saying, “Unfortunately, the holidays are the time of year when many people end up putting on the extra “holiday pounds” which is easy to do for the season continues for just about two months!”
- Marsha Hudnall presents Fitting in Fitness during the Holiday Season posted at A Weight Lifted, saying, “It’s a common theme during the holiday season: “I have so much to do, how will I ever stay with my fitness plan?” It’s true; we commonly overcommit ourselves during this time which means, for many of us, that we turn self-care into a luxury instead of a priority. Experts agree making a holiday fitness plan is key to succeeding. Read the whole article (it’s short) for strategies for making or keeping fitness part of your life during busy times.”
- Cory Albertson presents An Oldie but a Goodie posted at Eating Healthy, saying, “One of the easiest and cheapest (hey, who isn’t looking for “cheap” ways to stay in shape nowadays!) fitness methods is the good ol’ pushup.”
- Julie presents Contractions, Contractions!! Natural Pain Relief Options posted at Julie Heath – More4kids Inc.
- Kristina Kharlova presents How to combat the winter blues posted at Boston Mama, saying, “Boston Mama is an online magazine about motherhood and family life in Boston”
- Shortcut Sleuth presents 25 “Diet” Tips to Fight the Battle of the Bulge posted at Shortcut Sleuth, saying, “If you wish there was a secret and magical way to drop pounds easy, but you’ve had it with dieting, then these tips can help you battle the bulge, without a major adjustment to your current eating style!”
- brigid presents Brain Fitnessat the New York Public Library posted at New York Public Library, saying, “After attending a recent staff training session offered by the library’s Office of Staff Development, I decided to return to a habit of my childhood–eating sardines.”
- Susan presents Sinner Saved: Works For Me Wednesday – Menstrual Cups posted at Sinner Saved.
- Vicky presents Trimming Your Wedding List – How to Make the Tough Decisions posted at Affordable Wedding Planning, saying, “Inviting every person you’ve ever known since the 10th grade to your wedding can get costly, especially if you’re planning a full reception with a three-course meal and open bar.”
- Woman Divorce Support presents Enter Prince Charming posted at Divorce Advice, saying, “Real story of falling in and out of love.”
- Ahuva Goldstand presents A conversation with Hadass Ben-Ari, zine queen posted at Jerusalemite blog, saying, “A conversation with Hadass Ben-Ari who founded Fallopian Falafel, Israel’s only feminist zine, which published its first issue in early 2007.”
- Celeste Colantonio presents Hello world! posted at PokerForHer.Com’s Blog, saying, “Poker has been a “man’s” game for a bit too long.”
- Mary@SimplyForties presents Finding Friends posted at SimplyForties, saying, “The older we get the harder it is to make new friends and yet friendships are so important. Here are some strategies to help you get started.”
- freakishly fertile presents diva cup posted at Freakishly Fertile After 40, saying, “Did you know that there’s new amazing new technology to help us deal with Auntie Flo’s monthly visit?”
- Tudor presents “Trends Fall-Winter ’08-’09 For Girls” posted at Glowlikeastar – All about the extravagant life of stars.
- Sarah presents The Rules of Five and Seven Card Stud Poker posted at Female Poker Player, saying, “Before the surge in popularity of Texas Hold’Em Poker, Five and Seven card stud were the most popular poker games played in the US.”
- Tara S. Dickherber, M.Ed, CPC presents Self-confidence-an intro posted at My Life Coach Tara, saying, “I’d love to submit more related posts if you find them useful and helpful.”
- Mina Togonon presents The Gift of Patience posted at 24 Hour Paradigm, saying, “Everybody’s challenged in exhibiting patience on various occasions. I myself have struggled to win this virtue. At this time, we can’t have a perfect state of living but being patient or exhibiting long suffering allows you to experience life’s blessings and remain happy regardless of the mounting troubles and apathy of this society.”
- Pregnancy Hut presents Navigating Your Pregnancy at Work posted at Pregnancy Calendar, saying, “Women who hold full-time jobs face many important decisions during a pregnancy.”
- Talk Prom Dresses presents Homecoming Dresses and Homecoming Gowns – How to Choose posted at Prom Dresses, saying, “With homecoming coming up, it’s time to find a great dress.”
- Vickie Sloderbeck presents How to be Victorious Over Past Sexual Sin posted at Joyful Journey Productions.
- Nara presents Emotional Infidelity – Emotional Infidelity: A Love Affair Or Just Friends? posted at Surviving Infidelity, saying, “How to tell whether they are just friends or if it’s something more serious”
That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of advice for women from women using our carnival submission form.
Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.